Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Black Orc BSB completed

Finally I managed to complete the last part of my Black Orc Battle Standard Bearer. This guy has seen a lot of actual battle without being fully completed, as I've been struggling with the decision of how I wanted to build the flagpole he is carrying.

Finally I settled on the metal Evil Sunz banner (similar to the Orc Boyz) from the Azhag the Slaughterer kit with the lookout post from the Ogre Ironguts kit. I've also added some dwarf bitz and some body parts from the Vampire Counts Zombie/Skeleton box. The gobbo ontop has got a Gnoblar body and the head from the 40k Gretchin box.

The actual orc is based on the metal Borgut Facebeater model, although I had to remove his left hand choppa. I also added a Great Weapon from the ever-useful Black Orcs kit, because as everyone knows, a Black Orc BSB should always be Armed To Da Teef!

I've added a few closeup pictures below. As always you can click on anyone of them to see more. Let me know what you think!