Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Friday, May 13, 2011

Stone Troll test model

Seems that Blogger went down for a spell. This post was originally meant for yesterday.

 I've started work on my unit of Stone Trolls, which will sometimes also double as normal trolls (as I like these models better). Here is a test model for trying out the color scheme. I'm going for a stonelike-yet-not-stone look to separate them from my normal and river trolls, who mainly consist of various shades of green. To accomplish this, I'm going with a basecoat of Charadon Granite, a good ol' drybrush of a mixture of Shadow Grey and Codex Grey, followed by a Devlan Mud wash and some highlighting with Codex Grey and Fortress Grey.

I think it looks alright, and I'm really enjoying these old metal sculpts. They're a joy to paint, easy and clear. I should have a unit of these painted to a decent standard in no time.