Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Saturday, June 5, 2010

Black Orcs painted


It's been a while since I posted, as we've been moving to a new place and the net has been unstable and uncooperative the times when I did find the time to blog. It's been even longer since Troll Tales has featured some painting - something that I hope to rectify with this post.

EDIT: Better pictures are now available here.

These are my Black Orcs in a small unit of 12. Since a lot of the models are covered in heavy armor, I've used a lot of metals on these, but they've also got traces of the same color scheme as my regular orcs; brown and beige for their clothes. I've also added red, chipped metal to certain parts of their armor: in particular the details and part of the helmets that had dags on them. As you can see, I've also adopted the checker pattern for their weapons and outer reaches of their armor plates (more evident in the picture below).

They're carrying the Banner of Butchery, hopefully evident by the dwarf hanging from the pole (I want to dedicate the banner to my loyal reader Kuffeh - come join the green side!)

As always, I'm happy to hear your thoughts on how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment