Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Sunday, May 9, 2010

2400 pts O&G vs Skaven

I'm going over to a club mate (whom I've never met before) to pit my boyz against his Skaven army. I've never faced the rats before and I'm not that familiar with their army book, however I do know that some of their monsters or constructs are running with 0 in leadership, meaning an auto-fail if ever they're forced to test on their own. Therefore, it's time to finally try out the Skull Wand of Kaloth, a shaman only item where each hit of the weapon forces the victim to take a leadership on their own. To maximize its effect, I'm giving it to a Savage Orc and I'll place him within a unit of Savage Orc Boar boyz with the Banner of Butchery. That's three attacks on +4 to hopefully force a test. Otherwise it's a bit like my regular 2400 points list, but I've upped the levels of my shaman, trying out medium magic with 6 PD and a Bound Spell, dropped the Black Orcs in favour of a Boar Chariot and a single Troll. Also, I'm trying out the Battleaxe of the Last Waaagh! for the first time. 7 S8 attacks for the Warboss? Madness!

Here's the list, and a battle report will come later. As usual, we're running a modified ELC comp for the army composition.

Black Orc Warboss
w. Boar, Heavy Armor, Battleaxe of the Last Waaaagh!Black Orc Big Boss
w. Boar, Heavy Armor, Battle Standard Bearer, Mork's Spirit TotemGoblin Shaman, level 2
w. Wolf Chariot, Dispel Scroll, Itty Ring
Savage Orc Shaman, level 2
w. Boar, Skull Wand of Kaloth, War Paint

2x 23 Orc Boyz
w. Shields, Full Command
20 Night Goblins
w. Short Bows, Musician, 1x Fanatic5 Goblin Spider Riders
w. Spears, Musician5 Goblin Wolf Riders
w. Spears, Musician2x 2 Snotlings


6 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
w. Spears, Shields, Full Command, Banner of ButcheryOrc Boar Chariot
7 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers
4 Squig Herds
2 Goblin Spear Chukkas
Goblin Rock Lobber

Goblin Doom Diver
Giant
Troll

No comments:

Post a Comment