Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Thursday, March 18, 2010

Giant with dwarf loot

Well, this week I've assembled and painted my giant. It was the first time I tackled a larger model of this size and really the first time I painted any other skin tone than green. Overall, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, but not so much with the pictures. In order to get a good shot showing the entire model, I had to use the flash on the camera which makes the colors look a little off (the face, especially, looks weird compared to real life).

As you can see, I've added some suitable modifications. The giant has torn loose a large dwarf door, which has been attached on top of his shoulders with chains and wooden constructs. On top of the door are numerous snotlings that have tagged along for the ride while hurling rocks and arrows at the enemy. The giant is also sporting some dwarf loot; in particular a mining pick, a barrel of ale, a statue attached to a club, and plenty of shields strapped onto his arms. I've also added a few pieces to the base to make it more unique and befitting the theme.

I'm contemplating whether or not to add arrows and blood to him, but that would probably mean I'd do the same to the entire army, which makes it a decision for another day. So for now, here's how the big fella will look.




No comments:

Post a Comment