Painting   Tactics   Army Lists   Battle Reports   Reviews   Archives
Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Night Goblin Project

This unit represents my new hobby project, which is going to be about building a Night Goblin Clan to join my Orcs & Goblins army. I never liked the models that were released with the 7th edition of Warhammer, as the goblins there look so tiny and lacking in character, that I decided on getting a hold of the Night Goblin miniatures of the previous edition. I believe these display far more goblin characteristics, in particular the faces, and I also like how they measure up next to their normal goblin kin.

With these I wanted to accomplish a couple of things. First of all to tie the unit together with the other goblin units I'm running as far as them being subject to mild animosity. Secondly, I wanted to make a stronger attempt at portraying motion with my conversions, by having the models interact with each other across bases (not just within the models on the same diorama). Thirdly, I hoped to capture the spirit of Night Goblins by introducing elements typical to them, such as squigs and fanatics.

The unit is centered around a squig jumping up on a rock and trying to swallow an entire goblin whole (his legs are still hanging out) which at least six goblins in the back corner are reacting to. Closer to the front, one of the goblins have dropped his bow to prepare the massive flail that he (in true Fanatic fashion) will unleash once they are close to the enemy. They are built on two regiment bases with the rest of the models standing on individual ones.

The unit will represent 20 Night Goblins, carrying bows. It will be a cheap unit mostly bent on delivering Fanatics into more expensive enemy units, then either die or go fire their worthless bows at a large target, or something standing on a hill.



No comments:

Post a Comment